- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Construction Accidents
Brandon Smith, Super Lawyer Rising Star and recognized leader in Georgia and South Carolina, focuses his practice on wrongful death and catastrophic cases. Brandon has tried numerous cases to verdict. Brandon has handled many premises liability and negligent security, commercial motor vehicle cases and product defects in state and federal court.
Brandon invested the first four years of his career with a nationally ranked law firm, the largest defense firm in South Carolina. There, Brandon worked with the firm's trial practice group and represented national insurers and corporations, handling significant premises and product liability matters as well as motor vehicle, environmental, and pharmaceutical litigation, often involving catastrophic and tragic personal injury claims. After that time, Brandon joined a Plaintiff's practice where he tried six and seven figure cases to verdict.
Brandon further refined his trial skills by serving as Special Prosecutor for the State of South Carolina trying multiple cases to verdict and assisting multiple victims of domestic violence throughout the state.
Motivated by a passion to serve those in dire circumstances, Brandon worked with city and state leaders to establish the first Homeless Court in South Carolina, founded in Columbia, SC. The Homeless Court is designed to help persons experiencing homelessness and facing criminal charges seek treatment in lieu of a fine or sentence. Brandon also helped facilitate the creation of a Homeless Court in Charleston, SC.
Brandon is an active member of the American Bar Association having served on the ABA Board of Governors, former co-chair for the Young Advocates Committee in the Section of Litigation, the Young Lawyers in Leadership Program, and on the Executive Committee with Georgia Trial Lawyers' Association where he serves as co-chair of the LEAD Program. Brandon is a former teacher and coach at Wesleyan School, former scholarship athlete and co-captain, and he remains active in tennis. Brandon also serves as elder at Perimeter Church in Johns Creek, GA.
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of South Carolina
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
- Rising Stars (2020 - 2022)
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association LEAD Class (2019)
- Claude Scarborough Pro Bono Attorney of the Year (2015)
- South Carolina Young Lawyers Division Star of the Quarter (2014, 2015)
- Leadership South Carolina (2013)
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- Juris Doctor (2012)
- Chief Justice, Moot Court Bar
- Chair, USC Law Student Ambassadors
- John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- National Moot Court Competition Team
- President Christian Legal Society
- Chair Law School Ambassadors
- Wofford College
- B.S., Government and Psychology
- Shiver Hamilton, LLC, Atlanta, GA
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP, Columbia, SC